Don’t just throw your items into storage. By organizing your storage unit, you will be able to access your items more easily, and you wont have to waste your time searching throughout the whole unit. Not to mention you have less of a chance of causing damage to any of your belongings.
2. Leave a small walkway in between your boxes so you can get to all your items without having to move everything around.
3. Fill your boxes as much as possible. When they are not filled, they are more likely to collapse.
4. Store your most valuable items in the back of your unit, so they are harder to access in case of theft.
5. Never leave anything flammable or combustible in your storage unity.
6. If you are storing freezers or refrigerators, make sure to defrost and completely drain them. Wipe them out and leave the doors open to prevent mold or mildew from growing.
7. Protect your furniture from dust by laying linens or plastic over your furniture.
Correctly and efficiently organizing and packing your unit will save you time and money. Think about it, If your unit was nice and tidy you could probably go down a unit size and save yourself the extra rent fee’s.